Thursday, February 18, 2010

Throw me something mister!



Mardi Gras used to be one of my favorite holidays, but now that I am older and wiser, I hope, it has become harder to enjoy. Perhaps, it is because of my children wanting to run up to the floats or perhaps because the people on the float don't even see children, but whatever the case, Mardi Gras is hardly a "family fun event!" However, we can still enjoy the Pascagoula parade and not worry about being flashed, lol. We always set up at the Masonic lodge where the sweet little rainbow girls hold their annual bake sale to help raise money for Grand Assembly! This year was better than previous years because the parade rolled in the oppposite direction from previous years and we didn't have to wait an hour for it to get there. A definite plus when you have an anxious 8 year old and a 1 year old who never stands still! I wasn't sure how Caiden would do with the loud music and big crowds, but I know that Tyler can't handle the noise, so I packed 2 sets of shooting muffs. Both the boys reallly appreciated the muffs and LOVED the parade. Even Caiden got in on the action waving his hands around like a crazy man!



No comments:

Post a Comment