Friday, March 30, 2012

multiplication chart

Just wanted to share this resource I came accross today. In my efforts to teach Tyler multiplication, I feel like I have failed him. He isn't able to memorize multiplication facts. He can, however, skip count; and, that appears to be the way he does it. I have tried everything. I am literally exhausted from teaching, and reteaching, and reteaching multiplication. I think I am just going to let him skip count. It may be more difficult, but hey if it works for him, I guess it will work for me.

Anyway, enough of my rambling.... I found a new resource to share. I wanted Tyler to be able to visualize how close he is to knowing ALL of his facts. He is lacking the 7's and 8's, but when you know all of the others... well, that pretty much covers most of them. So, I found this blank multiplication chart that I had him to fill out. I feel much better seeing him fill it out correctly! Yay for success! I'll take it any way it comes. Hope it's helpful to you too.

1 comment: